Class Member Reading: Luke 2; Matthew 2
Other Reading: None
The Nativity story is so well known that we can fail to appreciate the way Luke and Matthew’s stories are different. This episode will cover:
- Sunday School
- Appreciation for the birth of Christ
- What does the birth of Jesus/a Savior symbolize and mean in our lives?
- What do we make of the nativity stories in a Sunday School context?
- Appreciation for Matthew’s story
- Appreciation for Luke’s story
- How can we follow the example of Jesus in increasing in wisdom, stature, favor with God, favor with our fellow humans?
- Conclusion I
- Scripture Study
- Return to the Reading
- When did Jesus become God’s son?
- Study Notes
- How can we appreciate the birth narratives even if they are not historical?
- What did Jesus know when?
- What does it mean to be a “child of God”?
Jody and Colby discuss.