With this lesson we march into the “War chapters” of Alma. Sometimes it seems readers of the Book of Mormon don’t know quite what to do with these twenty odd chapters, but there are many important lessons and intriguing details we can glean.
Highlights of this lesson include:
- Important themes about motivation (which are not always so simple as they seem)
- Observations about covenants and honor.
- We spend time with amazing people (Teancum and above all Moroni)
- and one pretty terrible one, Amalickiah
- Look for some interesting details about Alma’s family, a reward of close reading “connecting the dots”
- Preparation is a key theme
- Reflections on coercion and freedom, and the ethics of war
One Time Donation:
Look forward to an engaging discussion with Emily, Geoff, Dorothy and Ryan.
After you listen to the lesson and class discussion, please post your comments and questions here on the blog and continue the conversation!