“On the Morrow Come I into the World”
The beginning of 3 Nephi overflows with intense extremes as it describes the decades leading up to the appearance of Jesus to the Lehites. The sign of Jesus’ birth is given; people believe then disbelieve. A protracted war with the Gadianton robbers forces the people to prepare and unite. Society is rebuilt and then collapses. Discussion points will include:
- Signs of Jesus’ birth
- Lessons from the Gadianton war
- Insights from Mormon’s autobiographical aside
- What led to the collapse of society?
- More comments on the devil
- Wickedness and Righteousness at extremes
- 3 Nephi as a type of the Second Coming
One Time Donation:
Look forward to discussion with TJ, Chawntelle, Wagner, and Aaron, and please feel free to continue the discussion here on the blog.
You can access my Lesson Notes here (or PDF).
Much thanks to James Estrada and William Newman for postproduction work.
Art: Minerva Teichert, The Answer of Lachoneus
Leave a Reply