“Remember the New Covenant, Even the Book of Mormon”
This updated episode discusses the function and nature of scripture (taking seriously its divine and human elements), reviews the new Church resources, and outlines suggestions as how to incorporate these into a Sunday School context.
One Time Donation:
You can access my Lesson Notes here (or PDF).
- “Book of Mormon Translation”: This Gospel Topics essay discusses historical accounts of the Book of Mormon translation process and the earliest Book of Mormon manuscripts.
- “The Book of Mormon: From Cumorah to Grandin’s Press”: This multimedia narrative covers the 10 years between the First Vision and the publication of the Book of Mormon and uses immersive images from the Smith farm and the Grandin Building.
- “The Contributions of Martin Harris”: This article gives context for the revelations now found in Doctrine and Covenants 3, 5, 10, 17, and 19.
- “The Experience of the Three Witnesses”: This article gives additional context for the revelation now known as Doctrine and Covenants 17.
- “A Bit of Old String: Mary Whitmer’s Unheralded Contributions”: This article discusses the hosting role of Mary Whitmer, whose contributions helped make the rapid translation of the Book of Mormon possible.
- The Grandin Building: Book of Mormon Publication Site: This online exhibit gives details about the publication process for the first edition of the Book of Mormon.
- “Ministry of Joseph Smith: The Book of Mormon”: This one-minute video introduces the translation of the Book of Mormon.
- Joseph the Seer
- Episode 173: Understanding the Book of Mormon (BoM Episode 0)
- Episode 174: The Book of Mormon, the Keystone of our Religion (BoM Episode 1)
Leave a Reply