It is a shame we shorten this phrase to “The only true Church”, because I think “living” is a very important part of the statement. What does it mean to say the LDS Church is the “only true and living Church”? How do our Heavenly Parents interact with their children? What is the relationship between the different religions of the world? Why does it matter if we are a member of one religion rather than another?
One Time Donation:
Join a rich and inspiring discussion with Geoff, Mike, and Amber.
Continue the conversation by posting your comments and questions here, in the facebook group, or email them to MormonSundaySchool at gmail.
You can access my Lesson Notes here.
You can access my Reading Notes here.
- A Church-produced podcast on the topic.
- Mormon Matters episode on the One True Church
- Don Bradley, The Grand Fundamental Principles of Mormonism
- 1978 First Presidency Message, God’s Love for All Mankind
- Terry and Fiona Givens, The God Who Weeps (see Chapter 4, “None of them is lost”)
- Mormonism as the Most True Church
- Usage of “only true Church”
Many thanks to Devin Roth for the beautiful bumper music. Check out his arrangement of hymns and other work at DevinRothMusic!
Thanks to James Estrada of Oak Street Audio for the original postproduction work, and for Trent Oliphant for his help reissuing the episode.