The concept of priesthood is central to the LDS faith, but what *is* it exactly? Priesthood is the presence and power of God, manifest on earth.
I break it down into
- Presence of God
- Power of God
- Authority of God
How do each of us experience these elements of divinity? And how does the experience differ for men, who are officially ordained to the priesthood, and for women, who are not?
One Time Donations:
New Church Resources
- “Restoring the Ancient Order”: This article describes the origins of priesthood councils and quorums.
- “Within the Walls of Liberty Jail”: This article gives context for the revelation contained in Doctrine and Covenants 121, 122, and 123.
- “Joseph Smith’s Teachings about Priesthood, Temple, and Women”: This Gospel Topics essay gives an overview of Joseph Smith’s teachings involving the priesthood and women.
- “Revelation, 22–23 September 1832 [D&C 84]”: This page from the Joseph Smith Papers website gives an in-depth historical introduction for Doctrine and Covenants 84.
- “Priesthood Offices Restored”: This infographic illustrates the restoration and organization of priesthood offices leading up to the Kirtland Temple dedication and the subsequent restoration of additional priesthood keys.