Is there anything more important than our relationships? This lessons digs deep into the principles behind healthy relationships, with a focus on marriage and parenting. This is a “two-tone” episode… we model the type of discussion that would fit in a Sunday School environment, and then discuss some of the trickier issues that might come up in private discussion. There is something for everyone here.
One Time Donation:
Prepare to be taught by Carol Lynn, Adam, and Bonnie in a wonderful discussion.
You can access the Annotated Reading here.
You can access the Lesson Notes here.
Go here to download about 10 minutes of bonus content, where we talk about the balance of positive and negative in relationships and some background of the Proclamation.
- John Gottman, Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- More resources for couples
- An interview with Sue Johnson, a therapist who does Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Hold Me Tight, a book about resolving conflict and being present in marriage
- Sue Johnson on Attachment Therapy
- Books on sexuality in marriage
- A paradigm shifting interview with Jennifer Finlayson-Fife on female sexuality in a Mormon context
- A Mormon Stories interview about sexual satisfaction in marriage
- How to be a good parent in 25 words or less
- Some brief remarks I presented about the term “help meet” and responsibilities of marriage partners.
- A post about the nature and status of the Proclamation at Times & Seasons.
- An interview with Chieko Okazaki which gives some background on the Proclamation to the Family
- A post that makes some guesses about who authored the Proclamation
- A post about the changes to Packer’s talk
Many thanks to Devin Roth for the beautiful bumper music. Check out his arrangement of hymns and other work at DevinRothMusic.
Thanks to James Estrada for his amazingly fast turn around on audio post-production, and to Trent Oliphant for updating the episode.