“Look to God and Live”
In this section we cover:
- Struggles of authority: Aaron and Miriam vs. Moses; the Korahites
- Context of the conquest of Canaan
- Meaning of the Bronze Serpent
III: Study Notes:
- The portrayal of God in these chapters
- Balance of personal and institutional revelation
- Brain chemistry and optimism/pessimism
- In addition to God, where can we “look at live”?
One Time Donation:
Class Member Reading: Numbers 11; 12; 13; 14; 21:1-9; Alma 37:46-47; Helaman 8:13-15
Additional Reading: John 3:14-16; 1 Nephi 17:41; Alma 33:18-22
Other Reading: Look through the rest of Numbers.
Jennifer and Jacob continue the discussion.
You can access the Annotated Reading here (or PDF)
You can access the Lesson Notes here (or PDF)
President Monson, In Search of Treasure (about living in the moment)
President Uchtdorf, Grateful in Any Circumstances
Elder Scott, To Heal the Shattering Consequences of Abuse
Elder Oaks, Good, Better, Best
Elder Holland, Look to God and Live
Martin Seligman, Positive Psychology
TED talk on the psychology of time
TED talk about happiness in the moment
TED talks about happiness in general
Thanks to James Estrada for postproduction, and as always to Steven Nelson for the beautiful bumper music.
Leave a Reply