The little book of Ruth, one of the masterpieces of Biblical literature, teaches profound and challenging principles. Themes include not overlooking those we consider outsiders and the power of steadfast love to restore that which is lost. This portion of the episode covers:
- Discussion of the Israelite Redeemer (Go’el), Levirate Marriage, and Nazirites
- Historical Context of Ruth
III. Study Notes
- Ruth’s questionable behavior on the threshing floor
- Working within suboptimal social situations
- Parallels to Hannah’s consecration of Samuel
One Time Donation:
Additional Reading: None
Other Reading: None
Amy and Kelsey contribute an engaging discussion.
Stop the Hunger, with some sobering real time stats
Thanks to James Estrada for performing some serious post-production magic, and as always to Steven Nelson for the beautiful bumper music.