I reissued this introductory episode to provide additional perspective on studying the New Testament from both devotional and academic approaches.
- Review the Sunday School lessons and approach
- Explain the format of Engaging Gospel Doctrine this year
- Provide recommendations for devotional New Testament reading
- Provide recommended resources (also linked below)
- Explain what you can do as listeners to help the podcast
- Provide a long but hopefully entertaining explanation of how we got the New Testament
- Conclude with some thoughts on faith and New Testament scholarship
Here is a link to my A Brief History of the Bible
Search, Ponder, and Pray: A Guide to the Gospels by Julie Smith
Thanks to James Estrada for postproduction and to Marshall McDonald for the new bumper music.