The beginning of 3 Nephi overflows with intense extremes as it describes the decades leading up to the appearance of Jesus to the Lehites. The sign of Jesus’ birth is given; people believe then disbelieve. A protracted war with the Gadianton robbers forces the people to prepare and unite. Society is rebuilt and then collapses. Discussion points will include:
- Signs of Jesus’ birth
- Lessons from the Gadianton war
- Insights from Mormon’s autobiographical aside
- What led to the collapse of society?
- More comments on the devil
- Wickedness and Righteousness at extremes
- 3 Nephi as a type of the Second Coming
Look forward to discussion with TJ, Chawntelle, Wagner, and Aaron
Reading: 3 Nephi 1-7
You can access my Lesson Notes here.