It is a shame we shorten this phrase to “The only true Church”, because I think “living” is a very important part of the statement. What does it mean to say the LDS Church is the “only true and living Church”? How do our Heavenly Parents interact with their children? What is the relationship between the different religions of the world? Why does it matter if we are a member of one religion rather than another?
Come Follow Me Reading: Doctrine & Covenants 20-22
Join a rich and inspiring discussion with Geoff, Mike, and Amber.
You can access my Lesson Notes here.
You can access my Reading Notes here.
- A Church-produced podcast on the topic.
- Mormon Matters episode on the One True Church
- Don Bradley, The Grand Fundamental Principles of Mormonism
- 1978 First Presidency Message, God’s Love for All Mankind
- Terry and Fiona Givens, The God Who Weeps (see Chapter 4, “None of them is lost”)
- Mormonism as the Most True Church
- Usage of “only true Church”