“Seek Ye Earnestly the Best Gifts”
- Spiritual gifts in Church History, including the manifestations of spiritual gifts to women
- Spiritual gifts in the Biblical tradition
- Spiritual gifts in other religions
- Spiritual gifts in human nature, with an emphasis on differing gifts
One Time Donation:
Student Reading: D&C 46; Articles of Faith 1:7; 1 Corinthians 12–13; Moroni 10:8–18; Our Heritage, pages 42–43, 47–48, 63,
Additional Teacher Reading: D&C 42:13–14,D&C 43:8, D&C 50, D&C 88:122, 2 Nephi 33:1
Carl, Jessica, Lisa and Ryan provide a rewarding and illuminating discussion.
You can access my Reading Notes here.
You can access my Lesson Notes here (or PDF).
Continue the conversation by posting your comments and questions here, in the facebook group, or email them to me at MormonSundaySchool at gmail.
- Carol Lynn Pearson Daughters of Light, about spiritual gifts among women in the early Church. Unfortunately out of print so you need to find it used.
- The moral roots of liberals and conservatives, a TED talk by Jonathan Haidt about how we are wired to be liberal or conservative, and how we desperately need both perspectives.
- William James, The Varieties of Religious Experience.
Many thanks to Devin Roth for the beautiful bumper music. Check out his arrangement of hymns and other work at DevinRothMusic!
Thanks to James Estrada of Oak Street Audio for his timely post-production, and to Trent Oliphant for updating the episode.
I would like to throw in my personal 2 cents. I usually don’t share this but my Patriarchal Blessing does not explicitly list out any gifts. While on my mission I befriended the son of a patriarchal. I was dismayed at not having any gifts listed and asked him to interpret the blessing for me. A few days later (because the patriarch was a native brazilian) I received a some what distressing letter. In the letter he stated that if I looked and studied my blessing I would find several gifts, rheumatoid have been hidden but they were there. He goes to point out that the only gift he would point out was the gift of finding and understanding the truth. Meaning I did not need to know which gifts I enjoyed specifically, even that there was at least that I wasn’t ready to understand yet. He also stated that a gift is just that a gift, every gift is received. On the other hand most gifts can be earned to the point tha God graces us with the whole gift. Though I’d like to personally point out to earn a gift we not only have to seal it but to fight for it as well. I may not have learned what my gifts were excatly I know one day I’ll findou what they are and how to utilitze them