“Put your money where your mouth is” succinctly demonstrates that our values are not shown so much by what we profess as by what we pay–where we invest in our time and resources. This updated episode tackles the challenging topic of tithing. We know tithing is 10%, but 10% of what, exactly? I think that there is a formula for tithing that would all at the same time
- align with scriptural teachings
- align with historical precedent
- be sustainable and ethical for church members
- result in more tithing for the church!
- “The Tithing of My People”: This article gives context for the revelations included in Doctrine and Covenants 119 and 120.
- “Far West and Adam-ondi-Ahman”: This article discusses the place and time in which the revelations now found in Doctrine and Covenants 115–17 were received.
- “Ministry of Lorenzo Snow: Leading the Church Out of Financial Bondage”: This two-minute video discusses President Snow’s teachings on tithing in St. George, Utah.
- “Teachings of Heber J. Grant: The Lord’s Law of Financial Success”: This two-minute video discusses President Grant’s teachings on tithing, fast offerings, and debt.