Continuing Revelation to Latter-day Prophets
Continuing revelation sounds great at first, but is also challenging… because it means that right now we are wrong, and we need to change, update our views and behaviors, and learn something new. Turns out that is hard for all of us. This leads to one of my favorite gospel paradoxes…
The more humbly aware we are that we are wrong, the greater chance we have of getting it right.
One Time Donation:
You can access my Lesson Notes here (or PDF).
Lesson 42: Continuing Revelation to Latter-day Prophets
- “Witnessing the Faithfulness”: This article tells selected stories of how Official Declaration 2 changed the lives of Latter-day Saints in the United States, Brazil, and Ghana.
- “Race and the Priesthood”: This Gospel Topics essay gives historical context for the priesthood restriction and discusses the Church’s position on some past theories about it.
- “A Personal Essay on Race and the Priesthood”: In a four-part essay, Ahmad Corbitt gives his perspective on race and the priesthood.
- “Ministry of David O. McKay: Church Correlation”: This two-minute video discusses the early stages of Church correlation.
- “Ministry of Harold B. Lee: The Purposes of Priesthood Correlation”: This one-minute video highlights President Lee’s teachings on correlation and families.
- “Ministry of Spencer W. Kimball: The Priesthood to All Worthy Men”: This two-minute video discusses Official Declaration 2.
Leave a Reply