Continuing Revelation to Latter-day Prophets
The message that God speaks to us today is certainly needed and comforting, but how does it work? The lesson explores the nature of revelation and broaches the topic of what revelation we have had in the Church, and the discussion digs deeper into these and other issues including:
- The way continuing revelation is discussed in the Church
- The approach to continuing revelation in the Community of Christ tradition
- Pretend you were an investigator: What would be on your wishlist of topics on which to hear God’s will?
- How do we balance prophetic revelation and our personal revelation and gifts?
- What role do the inspiring statements of other religious leaders play?
One Time Donation:
Class Member Reading: Doctrine and Covenants 1:38; 68:1–4; 84:109–10; 107:25, 34, 93–98; 132:8; Official Declaration 2 (pages 293–94 in the Doctrine and Covenants); Our Heritage, pages 117–19, 125–27. Scripture chain: D&C 1:38; D&C 21:4–6; D&C 28:2–7; D&C 43:2–3; D&C 112:20
Additional Teacher Reading: D&C 20:53–55; Ezekiel 37:15–19
Brent, Amy, and Patrick join the discussion with John Hamer who brings in the Community of Christ perspective.
You can access the Assigned Reading here
You can access the Lesson Notes here
Many thanks to Devin Roth for the beautiful bumper music. Check out his arrangement of hymns and other work at DevinRothMusic.
Thanks to James Estrada for the audio post-production.
Leave a Reply