What difference does preparing for marriage in the temple make? And how does that relate to the stories of Rebekah and Isaac and Jacob and his wives? This episode reviews these narratives, discusses the relationship between a temple marriage and successful marriage, and reviews the principles of healthy relationships.
One Time Donation:
Additional Reading: None
Adam and Cami provide an expert and valuable discussion.
0:00 Introduction and Framing
5:18 Assigned Reading
24:14 Temple Marriage and Good Marriage
Discussion Part 1
43:00 Working within a Human Culture
48:05 Central Focus of the Manual
1:01:15 Blessings of Being Sealed
1:07:55 Principles of a Healthy Marriage
1:24:45 What Common Ground Helps Marriage?
- Marvin J. Ashton, What Is Your Destination?
- Marion D. Hanks, Eternal Marriage
- Elder Nelson, Children in the Covenant
- Principles of a Happy Marriage
- Relationship advice from the Gottman Institute
- Blog post by Jana Riess on why Mormons marry within their faith
- Robert Kirby on temple marriage and families
- SL Tribune article on possible changes to sealing policies
- RadioWest, How Children Succeed
- Carlfred Broderick, The Uses of Adversity
Thanks to James Estrada for quick and skillful postproduction, and as always to Steven Nelson for the beautiful bumper music.