In intimate, tragic detail these passages present the story of David’s greatest mistakes. This most fully described character provides opportunity to engage with difficult but unavoidably important topics.
This section includes:
- Careful reading of the assigned chapters
- Sexuality and consent
- Sexual transgression
One Time Donation:
Other Reading: 2 Samuel 13-20 (Consequences of David’s personal failings)
Content Note: It should not surprise anyone that a story about adultery, sex without consent, and premeditated murder prompts discussion that may not be suitable for all listeners.
Jennifer and Rebecca contribute an important discussion.
- The Law of Chastity, Gospel Principles Manual
- To Heal the Shattering Consequences of Abuse, Elder Richard G. Scott
- Increase in Modesty discussion in Church Magazines, Zelophad’s Daughters
- Men and Modesty, BCC post by Jacob
- Yes Even Mormon Women, fMh
- On Being a Victim, fmH
- Yes All Men, Letters from the Vineyard
- LDS Female Sexuality, Jennifer Finlayson-Fife’s Mormon Stories interview
- Our Buggy Moral Code, Dan Ariely’s TED talk
- Article about beauty and grading, Chronicle of Higher Education (Physical Attractiveness Bias, not directly related but interesting)
Thanks to James Estrada for post-production, and as always to Steven Nelson for the beautiful bumper music.