The assigned scriptures speak of temple and Law, but the underlying lesson is one of reform and resolution, making changes and becoming better. I suggest keeping the discussion points in mind as you read and prepare:
- What is proper worship? What does God really care about when it comes to religious practice?
- How can we renew rituals in our own lives, take opportunities to engage more fully in practices that increase our well-being and spirituality?
- What do we learn from Josiah’s response to the book of the law? How do we respond when new information illuminates the ways we can improve?
- How scriptures and other sources can inspire us to improve
- The examples of Hezekiah, Manasseh and Josiah could lead to a discussion about learning from good examples in our family history and overcoming the bad, doing better than previous generations
One Time Donation:
Class Member Reading: 2 Chronicles 29; 30; 32; 34
Additional Reading: 2 Kings 18, 19, 22, 23; Isaiah 37:10-20, 33-38
Other Reading: None