The principles of revelation and authority intersect in complex ways. We believe that God speaks to *all* of their children through personal revelation. At the same time, only one prophet is authorized to share God’s will to the world. Finally, we are taught that God also inspires spiritual leaders outside the faith. How do we balance these elements?
This discussion will cover the following elements:
- The view of prophets in LDS culture
- An overview of prophecy in the ancient world
- Women in the biblical tradition who could be considered prophets
- A history of the role and stature of prophets in LDS history
- The status of prophetic figures in other religions
One Time Donation:
Join a rich, illuminating discussion with Greg Prince, Cami, Corey and David.
You can access the Reading Notes here.
You can access the Lesson Notes here.
Many thanks to Devin Roth for the beautiful bumper music. Check out his arrangement of hymns and other work at DevinRothMusic.
Thanks to William Newman for speedy content editing and for Nathan Jones for late night audio post-production. I couldn’t do this podcast without my amazing audio wizard friends.